- Track down the source of the dll using depends.exe (downloadable from http://www.dependencywalker.com/)
- Source of Problem 1: debug version of an app exe compiled and opened fine, release version of same app would compile fine but exe failed due to "entry point" in dll failure. There are some old QtCore and QtGui dll's in System32 directory.
- Solution 1: The release version was referencing these dll's. I removed them.
- Source of Problem 2: the QtCore.dll referenced is pointed to "C:\Qt\2009.02\bin" instead of "C:\Qt\2009.02\qt\bin"
- Solution 2: remove "C:\Qt\2009.02\bin" from the path environmental variables
Monday, January 3, 2011
The procedure entry point _Z5qFreePv could not be located in the dynamic link library qtCore4.dll
To remove the issues with release build issue error "The procedure entry point _Z5qFreePv could not be located in the dynamic link library qtCore4.dll":