Monday, July 15, 2013

500 (Internal Server Error) on GoDaddy when running Yii application

I have encountered and a problem with GoDaddy when running Yii application on the server. On the local machine, everything run smoothly for the Yii application. However, after I transfer the Yii application to Godaddy web hosting, I encountered the "500 (Internal Server Error)" when trying to visit the Yii application, no other information about the error is given. The error goes away after I set the permission for the Yii application's "assets" and "protected/runtime" to Read/Write.

During testing, i found another possible source of code errors that may cause the "500 (Internal Server Error)", which is when the developer does not specify the correct database host name when configure the protected/config/main.php

When the "500 (Internal Server Error)" happened on GoDaddy for Yii application, the best way to discover the error is to examine the protected/runtime/application.log, which may log the error.

4 comments:

  1. Offshore Dedicated committed to provide reliable anonymous offshore hosting with protection from any encroachment, maintaining our client’s rights to full freedom of information and independence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so interested in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. Your blog is really impressive. godaddy workspace login

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. https://onohosting.com/

    ReplyDelete